Thursday, October 30, 2014

Star Trek Costume Review

Me trying on the costume.
Star Trek Costume from Wholesale Halloween Costumes - 3 stars

So, I was originally going to be Captain Kirk for Halloween, so when I was asked to review a Star Trek costume, I jumped at the chance. I chose the red engineering shirt because it came in the biggest size (no female plus size option, and only one male plus size option), and I had zero desire to wear any of the dresses that the female characters wear. Not only because they all came in tiny sizes, but because I actually prefer the shirt and pants the guys get to wear instead of the small dress the girls have to. And Captain Kirk is my favorite character, so I wanted to be him. Alas, things did not work out that way.

For one, I somehow lost both the pants and the shoes I was going to wear for the outfit, and I didn't want to just wear the shirt. The second was the costume itself. It was very uncomfortable, even after I washed it and used fabric softener. I wore it for five minutes, and couldn't stand it. I would have had to wear a long-sleeve shirt underneath it to put up with it. Also, it's not very flattering (though it was made for a man). I was also upset at the lack of options (though they have since added quite an assortment of items, though their only plus size option is still out of stock) on the site, and would have loved to see more sizes and options, especially from a wholesaler. Also, the communicator pin that came with the costume broke and so kept falling off. 

I did however like that it came with the collar pips, along with an instruction sheet for how many to add to your collar depending on what rank you wanted to be. All in all, this was an okay costume, but I'm not sure if I'm going to wear it in the future or just give it away. If you're interested in the costumes available, check out their website and see if you find something that you'd be interested in.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment