Thursday, November 7, 2013

Bobby - A Short Horror Story Review


If you believe that those hurting can draw things to them, if a wickedness can live right beside us and remain unheard, if the power of love can change everything, then you need to read Bobby!


  • Horrifying!
  • Heart wrenching!
  • Erie!


You won't put down this gut-wrenching tale about two brothers, one who is disabled, living with an abusive father and attending a school where bullying the disabled is just the way things are. And do you have any idea how a wheelchair might hold onto horrific memories, or what it might do with them?


[Approximately 13,000 words.]

It's the summer of 1979. The weather is fantastic, and Danny can't wait to take his disabled younger brother fishing, away from Dad, away from everything. But Danny has been frightened of Bobby's wheelchair ever since hearing of its terrible history. But those are just stories and its nothing like the real terror, which awaits them at Grady Pond today.


My Review:
3 stars
This was an okay short story that I enjoyed. The suspense dragged me along, and kept me on the edge of my seat. The story was interesting and different, though it's more of a suspense story rather than a horror story, though there was still horror in it. The story built up to a good ending, and I enjoyed the ending, though it was a bit gory and overly detailed for me. All in all though, this was a good short read that I would recommend.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment