Sunday, May 5, 2013

Author Interview: Carrie Pulkinen

Hey guys, I'm here today with Carrie Pulkinen and her new book, To Catch a Spirit. I'm in the middle of reading the book right now, and I love it! Don't forget to check back later for my review as well. So, without further ado, here's Ms. Carrie Pulkinen!


Can you tell us a little about yourself?
I've always been fascinated with the paranormal. Of course, when you grow up next door to a cemetery, the dead (and the undead) are hard to ignore. I love telling sexy, romantic tales of ghosts, monsters, angels…anything paranormal! When I'm not doing that, I’m taking care of my two little girls and three dogs in Texas.


Where did you come up with the idea for your book?

I love ghost hunting, and I like watching the ghost hunting shows on TV. I saw one episode where they were investigating a mansion in Michigan, and the gears started turning.



How did you come up with your characters?
Once I had the idea, I knew I needed a wealthy man and a psychic woman. I put them into the first scene, and they sort of developed themselves. Once they became established, they told me the story.


Who did you show your first draft to and why?
I have a friend, Jeana, who reads all my books before I submit them. We've been friends since high school, and I trust her to be completely honest with me about my books.  She's a fantastic beta reader!


Do you have plans to do a sequel?
I've played around with a sequel involving Tina and Trent, but I don't have anything close to finished yet.


Open your book to a random page and tell us the first paragraph…
Logan held her. The faceless woman that he loved was locked in his embrace as the other woman cried out to him. She wore a long, white gown, and blood dripped down her featureless face. He was resolved, feeling nothing for the woman in white as her desperation drove her to the window ledge.


What is your favourite movie?
I absolutely love Grease. I know all the songs and sing them at the top of my lungs every time I watch it!


What do you like to read?
I like paranormal romance, mystery, thriller, and some fantasy.


Where do you go to escape?
The bathtub with a glass of wine and a good book!


Do you have any pets?
I have three dogs: a Chihuahua mix, a Rat Terrier, and a Heinz 57 (I really have no idea what she is.)


What advice do you have for aspiring writers?
Don't give up when you get a rejection. You may get fifty "No's", but it only takes one "Yes."


Would you recommend self-publishing or mainstream publishing for first time novelists?
I've never gone the self-publishing route, so I don't have any advice on that. I have loved working with my publisher, though.


Finally, tell us about your book, To Catch a Spirit.


A psychic who's afraid of ghosts and a millionaire with a haunted past and a hidden power find that only love can catch a spirit. With love, all things are possible—especially if you need to catch a Spirit.

Psychic Allison Dupuis has a soft spot for Logan Mitchell, even though she's never met him. All it takes is one encounter for the millionaire's true emotions to slip through Allison's shields, and she is intrigued. He needs her help, but Allison soon discovers that the kind of help Logan needs is the kind she isn't willing to give. Logan has a ghost, and Allison doesn't work with spirits anymore.

But the ghost is the least of Logan's problems. Born an empath, Logan is constantly barraged with human emotions. And while his talent has come in handy in the business world, it's about to drive him insane. Literally. Logan has OCD, and his ability triggers unbearable attacks that have him counting and cleaning until he collapses from exhaustion.

Sex and money. That's all anyone wants from him. Even worse, he's plagued with recurring visions of his future wife's death, so Logan has spent his entire life avoiding love. He's given up hope of ever having a normal life, until he meets Allison. She's everything he's ever dreamed of, and now he has to decide if loving her is worth risking her life.

If she'll even have him. Allison's lost too much already — her mother to cancer, her father to suicide. But, Logan is so charming and so real, she can't help but fall for him. Now she has to overcome her fear of commitment...and ghosts...or face spending the rest of her life alone.

Buy in Print:


Author Bio:
Carrie Pulkinen has always been fascinated with the paranormal. Of course, when you grow up next door to a cemetery, the dead (and the undead) are hard to ignore. Pair that with her passion for writing and her father's insatiable love for monster movies, and you've got the perfect recipe for an exciting storyteller.

When she's not writing stories of amazing sex with devilishly handsome men, Carrie likes to read, take pictures, and play with her kids. She also enjoys hearing from her readers, who can write to her at carrie.pulkinen@hotmail.com.

If you enjoyed this story, Sweet Release, her first published work is also available from Breathless Press.

Twitter

3 comments:

  1. Hey

    Thank you so much for posting this

    Breathless Press

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the interview! It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great interview. And Carrie, I love ghost hunting too. I have already done it twice.

    ReplyDelete